Homemade dog treats that your pup is going to LOVE.
They are incredibly easy with ingredients most of us have on hand – peanut butter, some leftover pumpkin puree, eggs and whole wheat flour.
You can use any cookie cutter you want – hearts, stars, dog houses, paws, etc. It’s up to you!
Just be sure to adjust baking time as needed – the longer they bake, the crunchier they are so it’s really up to your pups’ preferences.
And trust Sweetie, when we tell you, your pup is going to LOVE them!
· 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
· 1/4 cup peanut butter
· 2 large eggs
· 2 1/2 – 3 cups whole wheat flour
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
3. Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
5. Let cool completely.
*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats. Serving size will also vary depending on the desired shapes and cookie cutters used.