Stop the press! Sweetie found the best gingerbread dog treat recipe of all time. It's easy and super Yummy!
1 and 1/4 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Fresh Ginger
2 Large Bowls
Mixing and measuring utensils
Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
- Get two large bowls. In one bowl combine the water, olive oil, molasses and honey. In the second bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves and finely chopped ginger.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined.
- Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for a minimum 3.5 hours.
- Once chilled, remove dough from the fridge and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness (less than a centimetre).
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Use your Gingerbread Cookie Cutter to cut out the biscuits. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
* Makes around 20 Large Treats.
* Leaving 1/2 Cup of the Water aside made it easier to mix the wet and dry ingredients. Then as they combined to form a dough, add the remaining water to ensure the mixture doesn't become too damp and sticky.
* The dough needs to be chilled for a minimum 3.5 hours but can be chilled up to 5 hours.
* Once the biscuits are cooled you can decorate with drizzled carob or yoghurt drops if desired.
Sweetie Tip: The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog's regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any significant changes to your dog's diet.